A 21 year old male, could not lose weight by any other method. He underwent sleeve gastrectomy at a nursing home in the city. Unfortunately, a mishap after the surgery led to a staple line leak, causing his stomach contents to spill in the body, leading to a severe life-threatening infection. His parents then decided to bring him to Dr Jaydeep H Palep at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, who re-operated on him and repaired the complication in an emergency to control the leak. After a week of intensive therapy, he recovered without any further trouble, and is now safely back with his family and friends.